Grendich Courthouse

"When I was just a young hooligan, I found myself before a judge on a regular basis. I stood here, inside this very building, as my punishments were read by the Magister. Back then, I can remember wishing this building would be hit by lightning or destroyed in a great fire. Never did I think it would come to be." -Warmaster Labofski

Before I start off this post officially, I want to bid welcome to all of the new players of Guild Wars 2, be it new to the series or a veteran from the first game. I'm glad to see that the game and community will be growing ever bigger with your help! I hope that this site will continue to be a valuable resource to those who visit it.  If you ever find yourself with map related questions, feel free to contact me through here or in game and I'll be more than happy to help.

Grendich Courthouse was always one of the stops I would make while running players between Lion's Arch and Ascalon. It's a good place to stop and find rest before entering the Shiverpeaks or continuing through the Diessa Lowlands. We never got to see this place before the searing but post-searing all we saw were the shambles of what I believe to have once been a brilliant courthouse. In Guild Wars 2, however, we know the land to be called Diessa Plateau and the courthouse is known now as the Grendich Ruins. It's a fitting name as it still remains in ruin from what happened during the searing.

However, it seems that they may have worked on the outpost a bit before abandoning it. We can see now that a wall within the courthouse has been rebuilt. The rest of it, however, has mostly degraded even more from it's Guild Wars counterpart. Magic runes that once lived in the courtyard are now gone but the once dead trees have been taken over by newer, living versions. The hills and valleys we could once see from the broken wall are now rolling and nearly smooth, and more noticeably- not as deep.

Walking into this place, it should easy for Guild Wars 1 players to recognize it, but underneath the recognizable features, a lot has changed.
















No comments:

Post a Comment